To complement ROBUS, our BDO Offices globally also provide a scalable approach to Managed Data Protection Services. According to the UN, 66% of countries have privacy legislation in place and a further 10% have draft legislation so complying with the Data Privacy legislation is becoming an obligation of all organisations, regardless of size, sector or jurisdiction.
Non-compliance has consequences ranging from fines to diminished reputation and share price, loss of customer trust and lawsuits. Today, building and implementing a holistic and effective data protection strategy is a necessity to offset risk, build customer trust and avoid major negative impact on your business.
There has never been a more crucial time to understand the data you process and where it is located. It is imperative for organisations to develop and maintain their data protection and privacy compliance programmes. While most organisations recognise the importance of data privacy compliance, they struggle with limited staff, inefficient business processes, fragmented ownership of privacy and the reality of “eleventh hour” privacy operations.
How we help
BDO’s Data Protection Managed Services provides a pragmatic approach to data protection and our global team responds to meet fluctuating data protection demands and leverages experience with regulators around the world. Operating in 167 countries across the globe we can support you wherever you operate. Please contact your local BDO office or one of the team on the right for more information.
We approach data privacy and protection by first understanding our clients’ business, the purposes and uses of personal information, as well as how data is managed throughout the organisation. Our team of professionals has deep experience in data privacy governance, legal, operations, technology, training, and risk management.
Coupled with our information security, information lifecycle management, data analytics and technology experts, we offer holistic and effective data privacy support that helps organisations on their journey to compliance.
Our services include
- Data Privacy maturity assessments
- Privacy strategy development
- Privacy engineering and Privacy by Design program development
- Global Privacy Office and Data Protection Officer (DPO) service
- Managing Data Subject Access Requests
- Investigating and managing Data Breaches
- Third Party Data Privacy Reviews
- Performing Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- Technical and Legal data privacy support
- Cross-border data transfer advice
- Privacy staff augmentation
- Policies and procedures management and development
- Training (see our resources tab)