BDO has been active in the Jersey Investment Funds sector since 2004; we have grown to become the 5th largest provider of audit services to Jersey–domiciled collective investment schemes that are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission, as well as all non-domiciled schemes that are serviced (administered or under custody) in Jersey.
Our services to the Investment Funds sector spans the entire life of a fund and can include:
- Initial tax structuring and drafting tax wording for the prospectus
- Advice on relevant accounting treatments/policies and the corresponding prospectus wording
- Accounting services (UK GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS) and financial statement preparation
- Net asset value calculations
- Audit and assurance services
- Tax compliance including ‘reporting fund’ returns
- Regulatory reviews, advice and reporting
- Ad-hoc advisory and transactional support
- Restructuring and liquidations
Our services are provided directly to the fund administrator and/or investment manager. The large majority of fund structures that we service have underlying assets, that are situated globally including in the UK, Europe, the US and Asia e.g. private equity investments or real estate assets. We coordinate the delivery of the global audit, tax or other services providing a single point of contact for the administrator or investment manager.
Our audit, tax or other professional services are also able to be extended to cover the general partner vehicle and other entities that have been established around the core fund, e.g. parallel investment and feeder vehicles.