Real Estate Tax
Whether it’s your home or a shopping centre, investing in or developing and selling real estate exposes you to tax on numerous fronts. Given that buying real estate represents a major investment, the cost of getting real estate tax planning and compliance wrong can be significant.
We have an extensive portfolio of property related clients. As well as prime office, commercial and residential property, we also advise on specialist situations such as student accommodation, care homes and hotels.
We provide support to clients when buying, selling, developing and managing their Channel Islands and UK property portfolios. Our tax services cover diverse matters such as tax structuring, GST/ VAT, capital allowances, equity versus debt financing, joint ventures and, with its recent focus from UK Chancellors of the Exchequer, UK residential property.
Our services include:
• Tax planning and structuring
• Trading v investment
• Non-Resident Landlord tax compliance (UK and Jersey)
• Capital allowances
• Non-resident capital gains tax
• Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings
• UK Value Added Tax compliance and advice
• Goods and Services Tax compliance and advice